Pre-Alpha 4 is the first release of The Imperial Realm::Miranda with two of the four planned factions: Empire and Independent, so pick a side and get hunting. If you were following along on Twitter last week, you would have seen renders of a lot of the new units for the Empire faction, but here's a screenshot of all the new models.
[The Imperial Faction.]
New in this Release
- New Empire Faction: 70 Components and 34 Standard Unit Designs.
- Enhanced combat visuals, new weapon and explosion effects.
- Map rendering improved and UI reworked to support mouse drag.
- Shader support for Intel GPUs.
- The Capital City can now be found in the north-east.
- New Sky and clouds.
- New Sell and Repair cursors, plus map scrolling arrows and clicking animations.
- New Field of View setting on the off chance Miranda makes people motion-sick.
- Can now zoom UI with Ctrl-+ and Ctrl--
- 184 Changes & Bugfixes
All of the units' weapons damage and effectiveness statistics, as well as speed and unit health are in and ready for testing. Particle effects for moving units are looking a lot better, no more giant clouds of smoke when units start up. Pathing is generally looking a lot better with the elimination of the crazy steering bugs. Vendors have had several nice usability improvements. I'm hoping you'll feel the game is overall less glitchy.
[Pre-Alpha 4 Imperial Attack.]
- If you log out without a construction yard, there is no way to lay your base out the next time you log in. All you can do is sell everything.
- Once created, it is impossible to tell what type of infantry an infantry unit is - even for the owner.
- Most units' special abilities are not implemented.
- Some faster units still need their turning rates tweaked which results in units missing their target then looping back around to park.
- Fence layout is broken. They function as barriers, but it is impossible to make them pretty.
- Occasional GPU hangs on AMD GPUs.
- Some of the new unit models are causing lower framerates and long rubber-band-select times.
I wiped the database again (should be the last time) so testers will have to recreate their account using the Secret Lair Code received previously.