Test Weekend 3 runs from Friday February 24 noon to Sunday February 26 midnight (Pacific Time.)
[That is an ATV at the centre of that fireball.]
If you are playing The Imperial Realm::Miranda this weekend, please fill out this short anonymous survey
when you're done. It should only take a couple of minutes and your feedback really helps.The game database has been wiped.
If you played previous test weekends you will need a new Secret Lair Code and to create a new account. Previous players must also run miranda_setup.exe to install the new version, the game cannot update to the current build.
If you're wondering how people got to take part in this weekend's playtest, they signed up here
[Shop the unique wares at Imperial Vendor Your Name Here (34)
If you experience a crash, please let the Lair Crash Reporter submit the crash report. Like last time, we will be playing what is affectionately known as a Crash Build
so if even the slightest thing goes wrong, the game crashes and sends a report. Crashes are to be expected, sorry if they mess up what you were doing.
There is also an in-game bug reporting tool, just hit Ctrl-B at any time or choose Feedback from the main menu. If you prefer, you can email me (that's my email at the top of this post) or add a commment below. I'll be doing my best to keep an eye on things this weekend.
- The Terrain has been extensively changed and now perfectly matches the map.
- The Base Layout Map has been changed from a contour map to a heatmap to make it more intuitive where players should place their base. "Blue is Best!"
- There are 100 new vendors across Miranda. The vendors will be named by some of the supporters of Miranda's upcoming Early Access program.
- Explosions have been improved and a few new ones added.
- Audio has been added in a few places, my favourites are when opening loot crates and when pathfinding fails.
- Right mouse click now deselects the currently selected units. That was a bit of an oversight.
- The AI and effects for harvesters received quite a bit of work. They're still not perfect harvesting on rough or blocked terrain, but they are much better.
- The Shroud had a number of small problems which have been resolved. The shroud may still appear "blocky" - I'm tweaking that.
- The Settings screen has been reworked including video and audio setup.
- Players now start with E10,000. The game was accidentally doubling players' startup cash. Sorry.
- 19 other additions, 37 changes, 97 bug fixes.
After install the game should display Version 0.0.8.7.
Welcome back, Commander.